Book + Film Rentals
Sattya has a collection of diverse books related to photography, film making, art, sustainable lifestyle, writing and activism, many of which are typically hard to come by in Nepal. We also have close to 100 documentaries.
Renting books/films from Sattya:
- You must be a member and present your membership card.
- Terms and conditions of rental are listed in the membership contract.
- Deposit of Rs. 1000 required at time of rental (to be returned when item is returned). This is in addition to the one time membership fee.
- Equipment may be rented only during Sattya working hours of Wed-Sun, 10-5.
- You may rent up to 3 items at once.
- Rental period is for one week.
- Up to 2 renewals are allowed. You may renew by calling Sattya during work hours.
- Cost is Rs. 50 per item per week.
- If the item is lost or damaged, the repair or replacement cost will come out of the member’s deposit. If the costs exceeds Rs. 1000, the member must pay Sattya additional fees, which are to be determined by Sattya.
- Late fee for each book is Rs. 100 per day.