If you have a skill and passion for what you do, consider teaching a workshop at Sattya. Sattya will provide a venue, guidance, equipment, and promotion. Teachers plan and organize the workshop. Together, we split all profits from the work, so you can make some money sharing your skills with others.
Teachers can facilitate long-term intensive workshops, single day trainings, or a series of short workshops.
What you do while you teach at Sattya can be developed based on your particular skills and interests.
Here are some of the areas in which we are currently seeking teachers :
- Video: shooting, editing, post-production, video for web, video advocacy, documentary, software
- Photo: shooting, editing, workflow, photojournalism, visual storytelling, photography for social change, multimedia
- Audio: radio documentary, basic recording techniques, sound design, interviewing, editing
- Journalism: investigative, editorial, feature, interviewing techniques, research, pitching stories
- Design: Adobe software, layout, typography, visual imagery, web design
- Creative: street art, zine making, screen printing, Tshirt design, drama, creative writing
This list is a general idea of what we are looking for. We are open to suggestions, and if you think your skills are relevant to us as a media arts collective, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Teaching positions are available year round. To get started, fill out the application below and send your resume or CV to email@example.com.
We are not accepting applications for teachers at the moment.